This is a breaking story and will be updated shortly.
The annual pace of single family home sales in June rose to 610k units from a negatively-revised 605k (initially reported at 610k) in May. The median forecast among economists surveyed by Reuters called for an annual pace of 615k. Additional newswires from Reuters:
- US JUNE SINGLE-FAMILY HOME SALES 0.610 MLN UNIT ANN. RATE, (CONS 0.615 MLN) VS MAY 0.605 MLN UNIT RATE (PREV 0.610 MLN)
- US JUNE SINGLE-FAMILY HOME SALES +0.8 PCT VS MAY +4.9 PCT (PREV +2.9 PCT)
- US JUNE HOME SALES NORTHEAST UNCHANGED, MIDWEST +10.0 PCT, SOUTH -6.1 PCT, WEST +12.5 PCT
- US JUNE NEW HOME SUPPLY 5.4 MONTHS' WORTH AT CURRENT PACE VS MAY 5.3 MONTHS
- US HOMES FOR SALE AT END OF JUNE 0.272 MLN UNITS VS MAY 0.269 MLN UNITS
- US JUNE MEDIAN SALE PRICE $310,800, -3.4 PCT FROM JUNE 2016 ($321,600)